Friday, May 25, 2012

What Will I Plant in My New Garden?

I am so excited - how will I contain myself for 2 whole months? Ronan and I are moving out of this dinky, roach-infested, college-student-ridden apartment complex and into a rent home.

A long-time good friend (also a single mother) and I are moving in to a 4-bedroom 1-3/4 bath house with enough room for a play area, a craft area, a mudroom, and a huge backyard and patio. The kitchen is sizable, with a nice, separate dining nook and of course "watsa, watsa" cabinet space (Ronan loves using that adjective).

We will both be closer to work. The boys (hers is 5) will have separate rooms so they don't have to be around each other all of the time. Individual rent and utilities will be cheaper. Instant babysitter! Above all, I can't wait for Ronan to have all of that room to run around. There is a garden, already prepared, that is about 16x20, a storage shed, and even a dog run - who knows?

I've made it a year here, an accomplishment that was difficult and that I am proud of. I wasn't going to move, so that Ronan could actually know a "home" for a change. But this house will be home, and a much better one. My friend and I are so stinking excited, and the boys both loved the place. We know of course, their stamp of approval is the most important of all. I don't know that they realize what is going on yet, even though it's been discussed, but hopefully the new won't wear off and they'll enjoy the mom-mune idea. Hey, it's working for groups of single moms over the country to combat the economy - why not us?

So, who's not busy at the end of July?? :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...