Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My (cheap) Concealed Kitty Loo

These things are expensive pre-made, and most of the ideas I found online still required buying a $100 piece of furniture. I want to move my cat who is 14 years old into our apartment, which doesn't allow pets. So it's imperative to make it look like a cat doesn't live here. So, here is my own kitty loo, on a budget.

First, I hunted at Gordman's, halfway hoping to find something. They're notorious for low prices. I got lucky, and found a shelf of small trunks marked down to 29.99. There were several designs, but the hippie in me got attracted to the tie-dye. Once I got it home, I cut the hole for Leia to enter. Had to remove one of the handles but that side is hidden anyway. Then I lined the interior with self stick vinyl, to protect the cloth and wood from any "miss-haps." In the bottom I folded up a puppy training pad for more protection. I bought a Wonderbox, because they are flexible and eco-friendly. Adding a pan liner, a stick-up air freshener, and a litter scoop, all I need is the cat :) OH, and I spent less than $50 on the whole thing.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...