Thursday, June 18, 2009

I was a 20-something Rock Star

I found out that I'm not in my apartment yet because the tenants who were to move out on the first haven't, and there is a court date set for June 29th to evict them. THEN I can move in. Well, at least I'm approved. Did I already blog about this? Anyway, a few more weeks and Ronan and I will have our first home together. I hope it isn't too hard on him, being in a new place with new things, and my parents not being there in the evenings.

So I applied for a job as a grocery sacker and pretty much got turned down on the spot because I can't work weekends. I'm not quitting Lenny's, not for any full-time job unless it's in an administrative position. And if he has a full-time position open up, I'll take it. Yes, c-store work is dead end, but I love working there, they're like family, and there's trust and a laid-back atmosphere. My boss is my friend and he's not hard core, and if I need something for my baby, I know he'll be lenient with my schedule. You just can't beat that. So, I did put in an application for part-time work at O'Reilly Auto Parts today. From my experience there so far, I probably know more about mechanics than any of those guys there. Anyway, a friend's sister's husband works there and said the manager is a really nice family man, and that's good. I'm only looking for 20 more hours a week to get a full 40. I can't work every day, I need time and energy for my boy.

Got a surprise package from mother-in-law/Grandma Seth today. Some absolutely adorable outfits that he can grow into and a fun book and crinkly caterpillar that he loves already. Good job, Grandma! I heard him crunching it the whole way to the window tinting place, where I got the rear driver and passenger side windows tinted to save poor Ronan's face during the day. I had static clings up, but I would look back in the mirror all the time and see the sun right in his face! It was $60 for the two, not bad, and he had it done in 20 minutes. I know it will look silly to have just those tinted, but when I can afford it I'll have the rest of the windows done. Those were the most important for now - my car came with NO factory tint. So, it gets really hot in there too. I have a mesh thing over the back glass, and a shade to put up in the windshield when it's parked. That's all for now!

My mom actually volunteered to watch Ronan after I get off work Saturday night...I'm hoping to get some of my friends together and have a jam session at Zac and Amber's. Waiting to hear back if they have plans, but this girl definitely needs some wailing-on-the-mic time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...