Thursday, February 11, 2010

When you have a fight with your mother, it's bad. I didn't even imagine an argument would ensue. I explained my need for a babysitter and was told I was whining, didn't need to worry about going out, to stop looking for ways to stress myself out, that I treat her like shit lately (because she misjudged one comment I made last weekend), that I'm ungrateful, and she made it through being a single mom and being lonely and tired all the time. I didn't really think asking for ideas about a babysitter encouraged all that, but so be it.

She asked what was wrong with her babysitting, and I explained that I might want to hang out during a weeknight or something, and both my parents work, so it would be hard on them, that I couldn't ask them to do that. She said if you're so tired why are you worried about going out. Hello? Being around an infant all the time and having no adult interaction will, in itself, wear you out. Things that refresh me aren't the same things that refresh her.

So, then it was silly because all this was going on through text messaging because we were both at work. But I became so upset I was crying and couldn't get a hold of myself. I popped a couple Klonopin (I'm sure one would have sufficed) and within about 15 minutes was able to stay composed.

Nightmare.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...