Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I met with a bankruptcy attorney today. They said I definitely qualify for a Chapter 7, but I have to come up with $300 before they start working on it, and another $1000 before it can be filed. I don't have any more shit to sell! Even if I did, I don't think I could come up with that much money.

I've considered for a long time doing some kind of housecleaning business. After searching through hundreds of "jobs" that turned out to be ads, posting on Craigslist, perusing the local classifieds for weeks, and even researching how easy it is to become a certified event planner, I have spent the last two hours designing flyers, creating a service list, and creating a list of prices for service provided. Um, I think I'm committed to it.

So, if I can make up the hours I'm not working at the c-store with housecleaning work that I can take Ronan along with me on, I don't have to pay for daycare and I can actually make some money. This is all dependent on how long it takes to get any business, of course. I have no money to advertise; even placing a 10-day ad in the local paper is $40. So, with my mom's copy paper and ink-jet printer, I can place a few flyers with pull-off contact tabs (thank you, MS Publisher), place them in conspicuous places (which, in a small town, is pretty much anywhere), and do whatever non-religious people do whenever they really want/need something to work out.

I still have to figure out how to come up with $1300, but at least I have an idea for work. I figure it will take just about as long to get my own work as it would to find a regular job. Now, about supplying my own cleaning equipment? That I'll have to figure out, but it might have to go on the one credit card I'm holding on to for emergencies. Vistaprint does free business cards (you pay s&h) so that might be good...Then I would have to figure out how to pay my own income taxes...

So, if you're in the PV or surrounding areas and need or know someone who needs some housecleaning done...Or who has $1300 to spare, or both...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...