Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I just totally did it, without even having to think it through.

The Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education has a program called Reach Higher, a degree completion program. You have to be older than 21 (check), have at least 72 college credit hours (check), have a GPA of 2.0 or above (check), and some other stuff (check). It is relatively inexpensive, about $152 per credit hour. You get a Bachelor of Science degree in organizational leadership. It's basically to help adults like myself finish their degree without having to change their lives to do so. I also completed my FAFSA application and will likely be eligible for grants, because I qualify as a displaced worker and such. So, hopefully, I will be back in college this fall.

I am still planning on finishing Cosmetology, I just have to get my hand 100% first, or it will just go all to hell again. Tendinitis is definitely no joke. I've been to therapy 7 times and still have a lot of pain, and have just started strengthening exercises. I hope my therapist will tell me I won't have a problem finishing the program.

I originally wanted to get my degree in Marketing, and have already taken several courses toward that end, but there just aren't any online programs geared toward it. It's always "Sales and Marketing," or "Business Administration/Marketing." I'm talking about Marketing as in the Advertising industry. Besides, I think I can finish my degree much quicker this way, which is what I need to do to make a good life for Ronan and me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...