Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In response to the comment on post "What's the Story, Morning Glory?" and for the general information of my few readers, I did originally offer Scott an annulment. However, since there was a child born during our marriage, and there is still a possibility we could have a positive DNA test, I ended up going the route of divorce. First of all, with him being overseas, I had to file, and I can't file an annulment when I was the one concealing information. But if Scott is the father, by state law he has to pay child support, and that route would not be addressed in the case of an annulment. Not that I want to "make him pay," but as a best friend who has been a single mom for 12 years suggested, that money would help make Ronan's life better. She never pursued child support for her daughter, and she is definitely an expert on the single mom subject, especially since her ex is a deadbeat who is living with her mother, can't keep a job, and has his daughter balance the checkbook.

At the same time I hope it's someone else who has to pay child support, because Scott is already supporting two children. I still want Ronan to be his, however delusional that may be, but the timing is just too spot on, and Ronan has his features. Plus, a one-night-stand with a guy I used protection with seems a little less likely to have gotten me knocked up. I guess it's just the softie in me that still loves Scott that I don't want him to have to pay for a 3rd child. He already has a hard time.

Anyway, Rachael, thanks for the info, and for sharing your experience. It definitely would have been an easier route to go, but I guess this is just too messy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...