Saturday, February 6, 2010

The leasing agent at my complex actually offered me a two-bedroom before my lease is up in July. I'm on the "next-available" list, and my deposits will transfer to the new apartment. I'm pretty psyched, since imagining 5 more months here and Ronan will be walking any second...He'll have his own room, and closet, we'll have a second bath, I'll have my own bath and walk-in-closet. And I don't have to rent a freakin truck. It's about 300 sqft larger than what we have, and a hall closet that we don't have now. Ah, even less crammage. I'll have to get a chair or something for Ronan's room when we do our nightly routine; as it is I give him his bottle sitting on my bed, then put him in his crib and leave.

I won't have to have my bed pushed up against the wall anymore. Ok, when you sleep alone every night it's not such a big deal. But maybe I don't want to sleep alone every night? Hmmm? It'll be kind of like living alone again because we won't be cramped together. It's been nice, and fine for him since he's still crawling. But he is an independent soul just like his mother. And I don't want him to feel insecure about being by himself. For the last several months I've had a curtain from ceiling to floor separating the bedroom into two parts; just enough space for him to have his "nursery" and me to have my bedroom, and not disturb him while I'm up late studying. Also, when he wakes up in the night, he doesn't see me and immediately want me to come to him. I think it's good for both of us. I would love to snuggle with him every night, but I know it won't be healthy in years to come. And I don't want my son to be a mama's boy. Though I can already tell he's going to be big and strong enough to hold his own to anyone who calls him one :)

I feel like writing more but want it to be productive. I'll post a cool pic or something. Ha. I don't even know how often anyone who knows about my blog reads it. It's really just personal therapy. When you don't have adult conversation all day, or all weekend, this can be a pretty great outlet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...