Wednesday, May 20, 2009

So, today, went to DHS and met with my caseworker, who was a very nice and understanding lady. I was afraid I would get the treatment of some junkie that just doesn't want to try to do things for herself or her children. But she was very encouraging, and very helpful. So, Ronan and I qualify for food stamps - not much because I don't pay utilities and rent right now. But, I found a nice apartment that has a discount under affordable housing something, not HUD, I don't think, just their own thing. So, it takes two weeks to find out if I qualify for that, then Ronan and I can finally get our own place. I start back to work for Lenny next week. Thank god. And I guess I'm enrolling in WIC as well, since I have to feed Ronan formula now. That stuff is expensive! At least I won't have to worry about groceries.

Also, talked to a debt consolidation service company today that I found through the BBB. They were sooo nice I wanted to cry, the poor guy. They said they can't help me because I don't make enough money to even pay the lowered amount they would work out for me, and bankruptcy is probably my best option because my priority is to care for my family. Aw! Well, at least I tried. I'll have to come up with the fees for the bankruptcy, which I can't look into until the divorce is filed, which can't be filed until we have a DNA test, which can't be done until I either find so-and-so or my husband gets one done overseas. Do I really need anything else? I'm already overwhelmed here. I can't wait to be underwhelmed again. But, Ronan is my MO now, and that makes it a lot easier to handle.

Wanted to throw something at my mom tonight. Everytime I get into a depression or one of my bipolar-esque periods, she gets waaaay more hateful and defensive. She's part of the reason I really need to go ahead and move out, with everything that's going on she just wants to tell me how to do everything. Ugh! I know she means well, but even if I try to tell her she's overbearing in the nicest way she plays some random guilt card. Parents.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...